Overcome A Business Challenge?
Share with us, on Instagram, for a chance to win a trip to Los Angeles for 2, to attend the Harlem’s Fashion Row’s StyleBeat Fashion Show!
For the chance to be entered into the competition, post a short video of the describing how you overcame a challenge related to your business to your business Instagram Page using the hashtag #HFRPruChallenge.
“Harlem’s Fashion Row, Inc.’s Overcoming Challenges Competition – Presented by Prudential”
The following Contest Rules (the “Official Rules”) apply for the “Harlem’s Fashion Row, Inc.’s Overcoming Challenges Competition—Presented by Prudential” (the “Contest”), in connection with Harlem’s Fashion Row, Inc. (“HFR”) and Prudential Financial, Inc. (the “Sponsor”). This Contest seeks to showcase entrepreneur- submitted videos showing how entrepreneurs overcame challenges related to their business.
By submitting a video to HFR, you, as an entrant, accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Any violation of these Official Rules may result in disqualification.
CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY.
CONTEST DOES NOT REQUIRE A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT TO ENTER OR WIN AND A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Contest Period: The Contest begins at 9:00 AM ET on Wednesday, January 7, 2015, and ends at 11:59 PM ET on Friday, January 23, 2015 (“Contest Period”).
- Eligibility: The Contest is open to legal residents of the United States who are at least eighteen (18) years of age at time of entry who own and operate a bona fide business that offers goods and/or services for sale (a) with a business website and/or (b) via an online store. The following are ineligible to enter the Contest: (a) Residents of Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and U.S. Military installations in foreign countries; (b) Any individuals (including, but not limited to, employees, officers, directors, consultants, independent contractors, and interns) who have, within the past six months, performed services for HFR or the Sponsor, and their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies, and immediate family and household members of any such individuals. “Immediate family members” shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. “Household members” shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months a year, whether or not they are related.
Entry into the Contest is limited to one (1) Entry per entrant. Any Entry received in excess of such limitation will be deemed void. Any attempt by a person to use multiple Instagram accounts to enter in excess of such limitation during the Contest will be void. Every Entry must be received during the Contest Period to be eligible to be a winner in the Contest. Any late and/or subsequent Entry will be disqualified. By entering the Contest, entrants accept and agree to the Official Rules including all eligibility requirements. Each Entry becomes the property of HFR. Neither HFR nor the Sponsor, nor their respective affiliates, employees, officers, directors and/or members of each assume any responsibility for a late, lost, illegible, misdirected or undelivered Entry. Entries will not be returned. HFR reserves the right to edit and/or alter any Entry and use it for any Contest purpose.
In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of any potential winner, the potential winner will be deemed to be the authorized account holder of the Instagram account submitted at time of entry. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is eligible to participate in the Contest and who is assigned an Instagram account by Instagram, and who is the sole owner of the account pursuant to which the Entry is made. A potential winner may be required to provide HFR with satisfactory proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the Instagram account associated with the potential winning Entry. Any Entry generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. Any Entry that is incomplete, illegible or corrupted is void and will not be accepted. An Entry must include all of the information requested by HFR to be eligible.
- Prize: Contest winner receives two (2) round-trip coach plane tickets for winner and a guest, on an airline selected by HFR, between his/her residence location and Los Angeles, California, two tickets to the HFR LA Fashion Show taking place on February 6, 2015 and one night’s hotel lodging (single room, double occupancy), at a hotel selected by HFR, from February 5, 2015-February 6, 2015. Approximate retail value of the prize: One Thousand Five Hundred ($ 1,500.00) Dollars.
All federal, state, and local taxes and fees, including income tax, sales tax and license fees, and any other expenses (including without limitation meals, gratuities, travel upgrades, ground transportation, or any other expenses not specifically listed herein) arising out of the receipt and use of the Prize, are solely the responsibility of the winner. If winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, travel companion must be winner’s parent or legal guardian. Winner and travel companion must travel on the same itinerary and travel companion must sign travel release prior to ticketing. Travel companion must be of the age of majority unless the winner is travel companion’s parent or legal guardian. Sponsor is not liable for delays, cancellation or unforeseen events related to the flights. Winner and travel companion will be solely responsible for obtaining valid identification relating to acceptance and use of the travel prize packages. If in the judgment of Sponsor, air travel is not required due to winner’s proximity to prize location, ground transportation will be substituted for roundtrip air travel at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Actual value of prize may vary depending on air flight fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value. Only one (1) winner and one (1) runner-up will be selected, who must be the subscribers to the Instagram accounts via which the Entries are uploaded. No cash equivalent or substitution of Prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of HFR. Prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable. If the prize cannot be awarded for any reason, HFR reserves the right to substitute the Prize with another prize of equal or greater value, as determined by HFR in its sole discretion. Winner (and runner-up, if applicable) agrees to accept the Prize “as is.”
If due to a printing, production or other error, more prizes are claimed than are intended to be awarded, the intended prize will be awarded in a random drawing from among all verified and validated prize claims received. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
- Winner Selection: Eligible Entries will be evaluated by judges selected by HFR in its sole discretion on the following criteria: most exemplifying entrepreneurial passion, spirit and creativity to overcome the business-related challenge expressed in the video. HFR reserves the right to reject any Entry for any reason in its sole discretion, including, but not limited to, that the business described in the video is not a bona fide business. HFR will select three finalists and Sponsor will select one (1) winner and one (1) runner-up, basing its selection on the preceding criteria.
The odds of being selected as a winner of the Contest depend on the number of eligible Contest Entries and the skill of the contestants.
Any Contest Entry must be original, unpublished and created by the individual entering such Entry, and must not contain any third party material unless permission to use material(s) has been granted by such third party and all necessary consents and permissions directly or indirectly related to the Entry and its use have been obtained, and that neither the Entry nor its use infringes or violates any third party’s copyrighted material, trademark or other legal or intellectual property rights. Additionally, by submitting an Entry, the entrant warrants and represents that he/she and any persons appearing in or who are identifiable in the Entry video consent to the submission and use of the Entry video in the Contest and to its use as otherwise set forth herein.
An Entry video must be in a format capable of being uploaded to Instagram. Other videos will not be accepted. Videos may not contain, as determined by HFR and Sponsor in their sole discretion, any content that: is sexually explicit or suggestive; unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic; contains nudity; promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or depicts the use of any of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message; is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group; appears to duplicate any other submitted Entries; defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about Sponsor, HFR or other people or companies; contains trademarks, logos, or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others, without permission from such owner(s); contains any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses; contains copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings, and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media), without permission from the rights holders; contains materials embodying the names, likenesses, voices, or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead, without their permission (HFR reserves the right to request proof of these permissions in a form acceptable to HFR from any entrant at any time. Failure to provide such proof may, if requested, render Entry null and void); contains look-alikes of celebrities or other public or private figures, living or dead; communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will with which HFR and Sponsor wishes to associate; and/or violates any law.
HFR reserves the right not to select a Contest Winner if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified entries for the Contest.
- Winner Notification: Required Documents: The winner of the Contest will be notified via Instagram direct message on or about Wednesday, January 28, 2015. HFR shall use such effort as, in its sole discretion, it deems reasonable to notify the winner and runner-up. Winner will be required to sign and return, where legal, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and/or rights transfer document five (5) days of prize notification. If any potential winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, Liability/Publicity Release must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian and such prize will be delivered to minor’s parent/legal guardian and awarded in the name of parent/legal guardian. If any potential winner cannot be contacted within five (5) calendar days of first notification attempt, if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if any potential winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules, such prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to the Entry with the next highest score. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. The winner and, if applicable, the runner-up, will be required to furnish proof of Contest eligibility and identity including, but not limited to, U.S. social security or tax identification number where applicable. If the winner fails to return the required documents, HFR reserves the right to select the runner-up as alternate winner. HFR’s and Sponsor’s decisions concerning selection of the winner and the runner-up, as well as all other matters relating to any Contest, are final and binding. If unclaimed, the prize will not be awarded.
- Privacy: By participating in the Contest, entrants hereby agree to HFR’s collection and usage of their personal information. We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law. We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes. We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned. We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- License; Publicity: To the extent permitted by law, each entrant agrees that entry in the Contest constitutes permission, in perpetuity, that HFR and Sponsor, and each of their respective affiliates, employees, officers, directors and/or members may use worldwide the entrant’s identity, name, image, likeness, voice, on-camera performance, and biographical information, as well as any materials submitted by the entrant (including the Entry), and any photograph in any media, now or hereafter developed of entrant’s participation in the Contest, for any purpose, including, but not limited to, publicity, promotional and advertising purposes related to such parties without any additional consideration or any compensation of any kind. By entering the Contest and uploading an Entry video, you irrevocably grant to HFR and Sponsor and its and their affiliates, successors, assigns, agents, representatives and licensees a royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, add to, publish, create derivative works from, and display an Entry video, in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes.
- Release: As a condition of entering the Contest, entrant agrees that: (1) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (2) all causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest, or the selection of the Winner and Runner-Up, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (3) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorney’s fees.
- Liability: EACH ENTRANT: (1) ACKNOWLEDGES ACCEPTANCE OF THE OFFICIAL RULES AND AGREES TO ADHERE TO AND BE BOUND BY THEM; (2) ASSUMES ALL RISK, RESPONSIBILITY, AND LIABILITY FOR ANY PERSONAL BODILY INJURY, LOSSES, HARM, DAMAGE (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY AND DEATH), CLAIM (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION CLAIMS BASED ON COPYRIGHT OR TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT, RIGHTS OF PUBLICITY OR PRIVACY, DEFAMATION AND PORTRAYAL IN A FALSE LIGHT), ACTIONS, COSTS AND EXPENSES DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ARISING FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST; AND (3) AGREES TO RELEASE, DISCHARGE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS HFR AND THE SPONSOR, INSTAGRAM AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS AND/OR MEMBERS (“RELEASED PARTIES”), AND THEIR SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST, FROM AND AGAINST ALL CLAIMS, LOSSES, AND DAMAGE, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, AND ANY CLAIMS BASED ON COPYRIGHT OR TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT, RIGHTS OF PUBLICITY OR PRIVACY, DEFAMATION AND PORTRAYAL IN A FALSE LIGHT) INCURRED OR CAUSED BY ENTRANT OR ENTRANT’S REPRESENTATIVES, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO THE OPERATION OF, OR PARTICIPATION IN, THE CONTEST, USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY.
- General: The Contest is conducted in the English language and neither HFR nor Sponsor shall be responsible for any printing, typographical, administrative, or technological errors in the offer, presentation or administration of the Contest. The application and interpretation of the Official Rules and the selection of the winner and the runner-up shall be determined by representatives of HFR and the Sponsor, and may be changed or modified by such representatives at any time for any reason. All decisions in that regard shall be in the sole discretion of such representatives and shall be final and conclusive. The Contest, the Official Rules and the Winner and Runner-Up selected are subject to applicable laws, including the laws of the State of New York, and shall be void where prohibited thereunder. In the event of any claim or dispute with regard to the Contest or the Official Rules, the laws of the State of New York shall govern and apply, without regard to conflict of law provisions. Entrants agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New York County, the State of New York in regard to any claim or dispute with respect to any aspect of the Contest or the Official Rules.
Neither HFR nor Sponsor is responsible for any inability to conduct the Contest or selection of the Winner and the Runner-Up as a result of any act of God, labor stoppage strike, or lock out, or other reason beyond the control of HFR or Sponsor.
HFR reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant for suspected or actual cheating and to prevent any person from participating in the Contest or selection as a winner or runner-up if that person does not adhere to the Official Rules or acts: (a) in a manner that HFR determines to be not fair; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other person or the RELEASED PARTIES; or (c) in any other disruptive manner.
- Internet and Social Media: If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of HFR which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, HFR reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend the Contest, in whole or in part, at any time, without notice and award the Prize using all non-suspect eligible Entries received as of this termination date. Neither HFR nor Sponsor assumes responsibility for (i) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries, and/or (ii) any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any entry on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Contest or downloading or uploading any materials in connection with this Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT DELIBERATELY TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE MEDIA OR WEBSITE OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS OR THE ONLINE MEDIA RULES AND REGULATIONS AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, HFR AND SPONSOR RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
The winner’s video submission is subject to all applicable Instagram rules and regulations, and if there is a breach of this by the winner’s video submission, HFR reserves the right to disqualify the winner and/or remove or not post the winning video submission on Instagram.
The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. By entering the Contest, Entrants are providing information to Sponsor and HFR, not Instagram.
- Inquiries and Winners: Address all inquiries regarding the Contest to:
Harlem’s Fashion Row, www.HarlemsFashionRow.com
The identity of the Winner may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope by March 28, 2015 to: Brandice Henderson-Daniel, 607 E. 55th Street Brooklyn, New York 11203 (Vermont residents may omit postage) or viewing the announcement of the Winner at www.HarlemsFashionRow.com.